Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: are AMC's really Mopars???

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: are AMC's really Mopars???

Hey Doc, question: What were ALL the years AMC, or any
of the AMC forming companies made the hornet?
Grandfather says he raced a QUICK hornet back in the
day, but it wasnt a 70-74 or anything, I'm thinkin it
was a rambler, but I dunno. Sanity check. Thanks.
Another interesting thing: My great great grandfather
patented the first automatic transmission. He took it
to GM and they studied it for about a year.. they gave
it back to him and refused to use it. About 2-3 years
later GM patented their own off his design, only they
changed 2 or 3 things internally, but still clearly
based the design off of his(you could tell by lookin'
at it) and they used it in their cars. Unfortunately
my great great grandfather didn't have the money for
lawyers, so it went on under GM.. sad story of the
little guy getting ripped off. I bet had my
grandfather taken it to the early AMC companies, like
nash, AMC would be here and GM wouldn't be. Has anyone
besides myself thought about trying to contact a
bigwig at Mopar about giving AMC back to the people?
Like selling it off as stock and helping set up a
little company and giving us some employees and a
place to work and design and build cars?? I think they
could do it, just a matter of convincing them and
coming up with a damn good plan, or a lotta money to
take the AMC name into your hands and running with it.
I think the members of this group would make a
wonderful executive staff :P -Dave

=====
D.G. 713