Re: are AMC's really Mopars???

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <badass73gremlin@xxxx> wrote:

> From: "RL" <rick_loxton@xxxx>
> Date: 2004/01/30 Fri AM 12:07:08 EST
> To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] are AMC's really Mopars???
>
> The big three has used each other parts for years ues AMC used alot of them but their straight 6 and V8 engines save for some Packard V8s usd in the early 50s were all AMC.AMCs are AMCs jus like a Dodge is a Dodge even tho my mothers 87 Ramcharger had a Rochster'GM'carb.
> Bart M.

The Packard engines were only used in 55 & 56. AMC did have an option on the 55-57 Hudsons. They did use someone elss engine it was the 306 cu.in. Nascar Twin "H" Hudson engine. It was a flathead 6 with a 3/4 race cam and twin carbs. The 57 Rambler Rebel with an AMC designed and built V8 was the second fastest production car that year behind the Corvette. And fuel injection was an option that AMC beat Chevy into production by 3 months. It was made by Borg Warner and unfortunately there were to many problems and it was recalled and replaced with a 4 BBL carb and still was the second fastest production car in 57. I saw one of these Rebels at the Ct. AMO show 2 years ago. The guy was the second owner and has had it since 1959. It was a beautiful car.
"Doc"