Re: [BaadAssGremlins] are AMC's really Mopars???

From: "RL" <rick_loxton@xxxx>
Date: 2004/01/30 Fri AM 12:07:08 EST
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] are AMC's really Mopars???

The big three has used each other parts for years ues AMC used alot of them but their straight 6 and V8 engines save for some Packard V8s usd in the early 50s were all AMC.AMCs are AMCs jus like a Dodge is a Dodge even tho my mothers 87 Ramcharger had a Rochster'GM'carb.
Bart M.
I know that Chrysler bought them out in the '80's, and they used
variants of the 727 tranny and maybe other parts, too, for all I
know.  Heck - I've been a GM/Mopar (as in Dodge/Ply/Chry/DeSoto
Mopar) all of my life.  I just can't consider an AMC a Mopar any
more than I can consider a Jaguar a Ford.  Do you know that there
were Jags at Ford's 100-year anniversay last year?  That just
doesn't seem right to me.  I'm not trying to start a pissing
contest, I just want some honest opinions.

RL