are AMC's really Mopars???

I know that Chrysler bought them out in the '80's, and they used
variants of the 727 tranny and maybe other parts, too, for all I
know. Heck - I've been a GM/Mopar (as in Dodge/Ply/Chry/DeSoto
Mopar) all of my life. I just can't consider an AMC a Mopar any
more than I can consider a Jaguar a Ford. Do you know that there
were Jags at Ford's 100-year anniversay last year? That just
doesn't seem right to me. I'm not trying to start a pissing
contest, I just want some honest opinions.

RL