Re: are AMC's really Mopars???

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "RL" <rick_loxton@xxxx> wrote:
> I know that Chrysler bought them out in the '80's, and they used
> variants of the 727 tranny and maybe other parts, too, for all I
> know. Heck - I've been a GM/Mopar (as in Dodge/Ply/Chry/DeSoto
> Mopar) all of my life. I just can't consider an AMC a Mopar any
> more than I can consider a Jaguar a Ford. Do you know that there
> were Jags at Ford's 100-year anniversay last year? That just
> doesn't seem right to me. I'm not trying to start a pissing
> contest, I just want some honest opinions.
>
> RL

My 74 Hornet's have Mopar tran's, Ford starters and solonoid's and GM distributers and the 75's had GM/Deloc alternators, Ford starters, Mopar tran's and either prestolite of Ford electronic ignition, I can't remember. But the rest of the car was all AMC. I concider an AMC an AMC not part of Za Mopar/Dialmer/Benze organization. Some Mopar clubs allow AMC's at their mopar shows and some don't. Some Nash clubs don't allow AMC's. Some AMC clubs don't allow pre-55 Hudsons, but allow the rebadged Nash's that were called 55-57 Hudsons. Known as Hashes to some people. Then you have them Renults that some were made here by AMC and some concider them AMC's, sorry I don't. I say we should appreciate our cars for what they are, AMC's no matter who now own's the name now. I can appreciate all brands of American cars. I just don't want to be lumped in with the Mopar guys and be the red headed step child.
"Doc"