Re: are AMC's really Mopars???

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David G." <servermaster13@xxxx> wrote:
> Hey Doc, question: What were ALL the years AMC, or any
> of the AMC forming companies made the hornet?
> Grandfather says he raced a QUICK hornet back in the
> day, but it wasnt a 70-74 or anything, I'm thinkin it
> was a rambler, but I dunno. Sanity check. Thanks.
> Another interesting thing: My great great grandfather
> patented the first automatic transmission. He took it
> to GM and they studied it for about a year.. they gave
> it back to him and refused to use it. About 2-3 years
> later GM patented their own off his design, only they
> changed 2 or 3 things internally, but still clearly
> based the design off of his(you could tell by lookin'
> at it) and they used it in their cars. Unfortunately
> my great great grandfather didn't have the money for
> lawyers, so it went on under GM.. sad story of the
> little guy getting ripped off. I bet had my
> grandfather taken it to the early AMC companies, like
> nash, AMC would be here and GM wouldn't be. Has anyone
> besides myself thought about trying to contact a
> bigwig at Mopar about giving AMC back to the people?
> Like selling it off as stock and helping set up a
> little company and giving us some employees and a
> place to work and design and build cars?? I think they
> could do it, just a matter of convincing them and
> coming up with a damn good plan, or a lotta money to
> take the AMC name into your hands and running with it.
> I think the members of this group would make a
> wonderful executive staff :P -Dave
>
> =====
> D.G. 713

> http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/

Your grandfather must have been talking about "The fabulous Hudson Hornet" They were the terrors of NASCAR raceing in the early to mid 50's with their Twin "H" powered 6 cyl engines beating everyone 6's and V8 alike. Tim Flock was a major driver because of his success with the Hudson. In fact I just saw a 54 Hudson with the Twin "H" engine sitting rotting away in Ct. at Joe Wilcox's house 1 1/2 years ago when I went to look at a Matador sedan he had for sale. Turned out the Matador wasen't in the condition it was said to be in and I didn't buy it. Glad I didn't as I finally got the Hornet I was after for 6 years. If AMC went back in business they wouldn't be makeing the kind of cars that we like anyway, they would be makeing them ecno boxes we hate. Thank you but I will keep my old mid 70's cars that I can fix myself.
"Doc"