Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Suggestions

From: Plumpy72@xxxx
Date: 2004/01/28 Wed AM 11:18:09 EST
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Suggestions

For those of you thinking about taking on the task of restoring or rebuilding
you car, keep something in mind. You will need a lot of room to store/stash
parts. Keep that in mind when designing or building a garage. You can't have
too many shelves or storage cabinets.

I would also recommend getting a good felt tip marker and a box of zip-lock
bags. Someday you may have a difficult time trying to remember what a
particular bracket is or which bolts to use with it. The bags work well for keeping
items like interior screws, clamps or fasteners organized. I have my speedometer
cluster in a larger zip-lock freezer bag to keep it clean. If you store parts
in a box, label the outside with the felt tip marker to readily identify the
contents. A permanent marker works good on the baggies also.

If you want salvage parts, save all the nuts and bolts.......even if they
aren't in the best condition. Be sure to keep all the matching parts together and
identify them for future use. If nothing else, the used nuts and bolts can
be used to match with new ones later. It can be frustrating, trying to figure
out what, went where!

Several years ago, I thought a small parts washer would be a good addition
for my garage. It turned out to be a waste of money. It is sitting in the
corner of my garage, still unused. I never even put a cleaning solution in it. For
cleaning the grease and grim off my Gremlin parts, I'd used Easy-Off oven
cleaner from an aerosol can. Small wire brushes and Scotch-Brite pads help speed
things up too. Think about it before you put hard earned money on something
that will get minimal use. It's money that could be better spent on AMC parts or
supplies.

It is also a good idea to have a place to store all your aerosol cans. My
solution involves an old refrigerator. The shelves on the door work great. Remove
all the screws and the door seal. Once you have it apart, nail or screw the
shelf unit to the wall. It works great.

Rick

Preach PREAAACH on Brother all the above i have done with my Gremlin but i dind't do that ith the 73 Javelin i had needless to say it was a mess of crap everywhere buut my ziplocked baggies of bolts sometimes ended up as a bottumless baggie with the name writtin on it and the bolts M.I.A LOL
Thanks for the Tips Rick if you want to please add your tips or anyone heres tips to the file area so we can save them for future reference
Bart