Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Disc Brake Question

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Disc Brake Question

In a message dated 1/23/2004 5:53:39 AM Central Standard Time, martin-davis@xxxx writes:

I also bought new upper and lower ball joints, new idler arm, and new outer tie rods which I have yet toinstall. I still am looking for good prices on inner tie rods and a pitmanarm. I am going to get new HD v-8 front springs. When it gets warmer I will take the whole front end appart and sand blast everything and paint it with SEM rust controll.

Everything........and I do mean everything.....was removed from my Gremlin body. Parts were either cleaned or sand blasted then coated with POR15. (I actually mixed black with the metallic silver and got a good gray to put onseveral parts) The only problem I ran into with mixing the colors was thatit seem to speed up the drying time. All the POR15 was applied with a brush. It is a lot of work, but you will please with the end result, Davis.

I installed upper and lower ball joints as well as upper and lower control arm bushings. The bushings in the lower spring perches were still in fantastic shape so I kept them.  I also painted all the parts of the steering system, including the steering box.

If anyone is interested, I added photos to my file. I'll try for better quality photos.

Ya'll have a good weekend.

Rick