Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Digest Number 202

Hey ....I need parts for my 1967 Ambassasdor DPL
convertible project... i need a nice/NOS DPL hood
ornament,also front fender DPL emblems also. for my
67 Ambassador DPL convertible i'm restoring ALSO need
a ROT-FREE deck lid! Also possibly decent
bumpers/brackets also?? Right rear seat side panel
from convertible. PLEASE respond to :
Jgray_55@xxxx . thankyou joe

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/parts%20&%20Literature/bodyParts.htm
> Thanks, and goodluck,
> Eddie Stakes'
> Planet Houston AMX
> www.planethoustonamx.com
> =================================
> David asked:
> Does it have the gremlin man gas cap? Gremlin script
> emblems(I collect them, lol)? Battery tray? While
> you
> are tearing it apart can you look for reminents of a
> build sheet? Little X badge on the glove box cover?
> -
> I'd gladly take those, and if no one else needs it,
> the steering wheel. Thanks.
>
> =====
> D.G. 713

> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 07:18:18 -0000
> From: "amc74hornet" <amc74hornet@xxxx>
> Subject: Re: New (old) guy
>
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "justjeff53"
> <justjeff53@xxxx> wrote:
> > Houdy folks.. I have a 1983 Concord DL. Been
> driving AMC's since
> > 1971. I had a 68 Rebel SST convertible but I had
> to sell it back in
> > 88 <sigh>. The Concord is in storage. I won't be
> doing much with it
> > till spring. Kinda planning on keeping it stock
> but would love to get
> > rid of that crappy plastic valve cover someday.
> Got my eye on a 1973
> > Hornet if I can find a place to store it. Trying
> to find a place with
> > a garage by this spring. I do well repairing and
> maintaining these
> > cars but could use a little advice once in awhile.
> Nice to find
> > people who love these cars as much as I do. all
> my Best.
> >
> > Jeff Perrysville, Ohio
>
> Welcome Jeff. I have two 74 Hornets, one I bought
> new and the other I bought 4 months ago. I think the
> only fix for that plastic valve cover is to istall
> an aluminum aftermarket one. I think there is
> somthing different in the bolt patern that prevents
> the use of an earlier stock steel one.
> "Doc"

> Message: 3
> Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 07:45:44 -0000
> From: "amc74hornet" <amc74hornet@xxxx>
> Subject: Re: Even the smallest things are
> progress........
>
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
> Plumpy72@xxxx wrote:
> > Hi All
> >
> > Since it rained all day, I spent some time in the
> garage. I've been spending
> > time cleaning and preparing the dash for paint.
> Right now, a Hornet instrument
> > cluster panel is soaking in Super Clean. The
> cluster is the only piece that
> > isn't black. Almost all the chrome around the edge
> is gone a some of the paint
> > has started to come off after a good scrubbing.
> >
> > I used a soft bristle tooth brush and some Super
> Clean the speedo and gauges.

=== message truncated ===