Re: Found: 1974 Gremlin X - read for parts

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
> I found a 1974 Gremlin X in a cow pasture today. The car is rotten -
> no roll up windows, only 1 door. Needless to say, the seats & floor
> pan are corroded to uselessness. Good news: the steering wheel,
> gauges, dash, lenses, and a few other pieces are still in usable
> condition. The interior is tan. No cracks in dash pad and the AMC
> logo is VERY nice on the 3 spoke steering wheel (it also has a cover
> over it, so may be very nice). The old lady who owns it will sell me
> any parts I want off it, so if anyone needs anything, give a yell.
> The engine looks to be a 258 IL6 w/floor shifter. Windshield, hatch
> glass, and little triangle window glass is in good shape. It has the
> chrome spoiler and chrome luggage rack. Rack is rusty on one side
> real bad, but not in two.

Take any good plastic interior pieces, especially the dash and crash pad. Our friends in the sun belt may have the rust free cars but the UV rays turn the plastic interior trim in them to dust. You may be able to sell the parts and make a few bucks besides what you need for your own car. If the door is any good take it too. If it is a drivers door and to badly rusted, see if the window regulator works, that is the one that always goes bad along with the latch mechanism.
"Doc"