Re: A warm photo

Doc said:.
As far as stock/custom/raceing goes it's your car so do what ever turns you
on.

Yup, something I have preached for years. I have personally seen well over
8000 AMCs crushed in Houston alone by places like Pick A Parts
www.houstonpickapart.com thru the years, so I let up on those who wish to
"alter" their cars as "they" see fit. It was something I had a real hard on
about at one AMC Nationals when a number of non-AMC powered vehicles were
boxed out and not allowed on the showfield. Maybe my griping has helped as
that club is now considering allowing those non AMC powered, or 'altered
amcs' onto the shofield. I strongly believe and am very adamant about
allowing any AMC on the field on showday. Someone took time to fix it up and
bring it out so let them put it somewhere, even back row, but somewhere so
they can have a feeling of belonging instead of being ugly red headed
stepchild beat with a a rodeo stick.

There is also my feelings about this on my website as I got tired of I guess
explaining it:
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/parts%20&%20Literature/alteredamcs.htm

I respect anyone who wishes to keep a car 'stock' or wishes to 'upgrade' it
or even spend the time and money to 'concourse' it; but also like to see
'customs' and 'non stocks' and 'altered' and believe they all have a place
out there! I know Bart disagrees and probably would ump 350 chevy AMCs into
the bayou behind my house with all those Borg Warner M11 M12 trannies,
Bendix four piston calipers, vacuum wiper motrs and other things I hate, but
the turtles love sunning themselves on them.

PS: it is 62 degrees outside and I am running around in shorts outside with
Noah and the dog, green grass..... :~))>
Eddie Stakes
www.planethoustonamx.com