Re: A warm photo

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxx> wrote:

> Hi Baart, no, have never thought about putting my SC/360 back to stock condition, I didn't like the original color to begin with. And the interior when finished will match the paint scheme on the outside. But I have always liked the fender flairs on the 77 Hornet AMXs and had two sets in my warehouse so decided to use one set on this, and the other set is on my 74 Gremlin. I like customizing my vehicles as many folks know however and have been doing that for years. Rarely do I keep one 'stock'. In my humble estimate, and I have judged many a AMC thru the decades locally, regionally and nationally, less than 5% of all remaining AMCs are indeed stock. Not a big deal to some, others are willing to pay $200+ for a date coded radiator hose or cap. Not sure some of ya'll recently saw that pair of 68-69 AMX/Javelin tailight housings sell on ebay for almost $1100. Compare that to a set of NOS Challenger same and those sold for $3000 the set. For $3K we can go racing! Or buy a few Gremlins, Hornets, Ramblers and other fine autos and have fun with them. There are two files on my website about this, one is 'rambler mentality' the other is 'altered amcs' both are under the "parts" file. I love stock vehicles, don't get me wrong, just few out there.
>
> Today with temps in the 70s again (had to thorw that in Doc!) I cleaned up and took some great photos of my 71 Matador 2door with 14,000 original miles, as I might put it back on ebay to see if any bites, but hearing those doors close solidly, smelling the 'original' interior looking at original 33 year old window sweeps and weatherstrips in mint shape, that is nice and I commend anyone who takes time to restore a AMC to original condition or make it nicer that it might have originally came from Kenosha or Brampton. Everyone's level of restorations is different and I wish them luck with this! However, when it comes back to my own cars, depending on my mood swings, I will chop a top off just as soon as drop in a 401 Stroker just as soon as painting the car original color which I may not like the original color!
> Eddie Stakes' Planet Houston AMX www.planethoustonamx.com
>

> Eddie,have you ever thought of restoring your SC/Hornet back the way it was?oh and whats the stats on yours btw?
> Bart

Your killing me Eddie with that 70's warm weather talk. I'd settle for a nice calm sunny 45-50 degree day. I looked out the window to see 1-2 inches of !@#$%^& snow on the ground this morning at 3am. As far as stock/custom/raceing goes it's your car so do what ever turns you on. The new Hornet is going to be basically mechanic'ly stock with the exception of a new set BFG T/A radials on the Turbine wheels the car came with. The interior is going to have the bench seat replaced with 2 buckets and the color changed from tan to black. That should look nice with an orange body. I have a mint black rear seat from my other car to use. The rest of the door panels are going to get the button and tufted look includeing the panels in the hatch area and the custom made by me one for inside the hatch itself. At least even with this cold weather I can work on my interior parts inside for a spring time assembly.
"Doc"