Re: Painting interior

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
> I know you didn't ask me, but I had very good luck with SEM vinyl dye
> changing a blue dash pad and several interior plastic panels from
> blue to tan during my Pacer restoration. On this site:
> http://www.autostyles.com/sem.htm I also used their plastic pre-prep
> solution to clean the pieces before I dyed them.
>
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mark" <KNSREP@xxxx> wrote:
> > Doc what paint is best for changing colors in the interior? I am
> > going from red to black. I do not want it too look cheap. Any
> > sugestions. Mark

I checked the Autostyles site against a curent Eastwood catalog. The Autostyles site dosen't say how big the aresol color cans are, 1 for 16.95$ or 6 for 14.95$ each also the vinal prep is 16.95$. Eastwood list the can's size at 13 oz and 1 can is 7.99$ and 3 or more for 7.49 for each. Eastwood sells the vinal prep for 7.99$ versus Autostyles 16.99$ also Eastwood sells plastic prep and sand free primer for 7.99$ a can. I have used the plastic prep and the sand free primer on the plastic iterior trim on my other Hornet with excellent results before useing the color and also the clear low luster. I did a tan package tray out of a Spirit black and installed it in my Hornet. I would check out the size of the cans from Autostyles before buying. I will say that they offer more of a color selection and also off the dye in bulk, but if you are just useing aresol cans check the price gainst Eastwood. There seems to be a big difference in price. Here's the site www.eastwoodcompany.com
"Doc"