Re: You were Right - Brake drum is rusted to drum

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
> Yep, the back left brake is rusted to the drum. Used a can of blaster
> on it; will try to use a wheel puller tomorrow to get it free.
> Otherwise, may have to take drive train apart. Got the driver's door
> open and the hood open. The engine isn't locked up; the fly wheel can
> be turned by hand. Driver's floor board had water standing on it -
> yuck, more issues. The body will need some TLC, some rusty areas do
> show holes (door panels), few dents. Might end up parting her out and
> looking for another...

Takeing the drive train apart will do you no good to make the car roll. You have to free up the frozen brake drum. You might try to back off the adjuster and pound on the drum with a large hammer. Also there should be three 1/4 bolts holding the drum to the axel. Most mechanics do not put them back on after a brake job as the wheel and lugs hold the drum on. Also there might be instead of the 3 bolts there might be flat spring steel clips screwed on 2 or 3 lugs to hold the drum on, but they may also have not been put back on. Just somthing that came to mind for you to check.
"Doc"