Re: [BaadAssGremlins] -20 Below Zero Here This Morning

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] -20 Below Zero Here This Morning

In a message dated 1/10/2004 4:54:48 AM Central Standard Time, amc74hornet@xxxx writes:

With the wind chill it is 20 below zero here this morning. I sure ain't going nowhere for a few days.

Temp was at freezing this morning but has warmed. It is absolutely beautiful.

Spent some time in the garage already. I picked up a packet of Plastic Wledfrom the parts house this morning. The package tray for the Gremlin had a good size crack, just above the screw holes where it bolt's to the passenger side kick panel.

I cleaned the area up with 80 grit sandpaper and cut a chunk out of a broken A/C package tray. After some trimming, filing and sanding it fit the areato be repaired. I mixed a small amount of the Plastic Weld on a carboard box and spread some on the repair piece making sure to have plenty of the mixture to allow for a good bond. Once I pushed it into place on the underside of the package tray, I secured it with two spring clamps.

While it was curing, I went outside and used some OSPHO to clean rust from the e-brake foot pedal assembly and the package tray mounting brackets. I sprayed the rusted parts with the OSPHO then scrubbed the rust off with a small wire brush. Sometimes it take a while, depending on the amout of rust to be removed but when I'm done the metal looks like new. I should be able to spray paint the parts tomorrow.

After I finished the rust removal, I went back in the garage to look at therepaired package tray. The repair is super strong and I don't think I'll ever have worry about it again.

Doc, thanks for the suggestion on the Plastic Weld.

Ya'll have a good weekend.

Rick