Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Interior Parts Progress

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Interior Parts Progress

In a message dated 1/8/2004 4:03:51 AM Central Standard Time, amc74hornet@xxxx writes:

I'll have to buy a specialpolishing kit for models to clean up the scratches.

Doc

Just how bad are the dash lens scratched. If the scratches aren't too deep the lens can be cleaned up pretty good using 3M Hand Glaze. The hand glaze is used to remove swirl marks and minor scratches from car finishes and works great on plastic. I also use it to keep my plastic lens prescription safety glasses in good shape.

It would make it easier if the lens are loose and you are able to remove them from their frame. Put a few drops on the lens and rub it briskly with a soft cloth. I keep cloth diapers around for using the hand glaze on the wife's Impala plus it keeps the paint and chrome on the Harley sparkling.

Rick