Re: Should I save it.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Terry" <twa1950@xxxx> wrote:
> I found a 78 Concour for $350. Body is is in great shape except the
> top of both front fenders are rusted. No other rust on the car.
> Interior good except seats need to be recovered. Four new tires with
> the custom AMC wheels. Has a 258 in it. Runs good but smoked when
> started and a the valves are ticking. I figure a head job. I was very
> interested untill I heard it run. My son wants it but I don't know.
> Wonder if you could find the fenders and their cost and wonder what a
> head job would cost. What do you guys think?
> Terry

I believe the 78 fenders are the same as the Spirit & Eagles and shouldn't be hard to find. Probably a decent set would go for maybe 150-200$ depending where you are and if you can make a deal. I don't know the current price of a valve job but you should be able to get a quote from your local auto shop. Also plan on replaceing the lifters and possibly the camshaft and timeing chain & gears.
"Doc"