Should I save it.

I found a 78 Concour for $350. Body is is in great shape except the
top of both front fenders are rusted. No other rust on the car.
Interior good except seats need to be recovered. Four new tires with
the custom AMC wheels. Has a 258 in it. Runs good but smoked when
started and a the valves are ticking. I figure a head job. I was very
interested untill I heard it run. My son wants it but I don't know.
Wonder if you could find the fenders and their cost and wonder what a
head job would cost. What do you guys think?
Terry