Re: Tuesday's Fiasco!!!

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Plumpy72@xxxx wrote:
> Sorry to hear about the misfortunes. It is sad that someone hit your Hornet
> and did not stick around to take responsibility. It wouldn't suprise me if the
> driver only saw it as "on old car" rather than the classic it truly is. As far
> as the front tires rubbing, are the front springs fatigued after all the
> years allowing the front end to drop?
>
> Rick

The fron't springs don't seem to have fatigued. In fact this car with it's stock suspension actually sits a little higher in the front than my other Hornet that has V8 Sportabout springs in it with only 20,000 miles on them. I was so mad I couldn't talk. When I got home tuesday it was dark, wed. it rained like mad all day so I stayed inside. Thursday I gave the car a fast look over on the tire rub problem as I was useing it to go to the daughters, which was the reason I had the new tires put on in the first place. I have only been driveing it locally as I have been makeing repairs and not any highway driveing. The trip to my daughters required 1/2 hour highway trip and I didn't feel the old tires safe enough for that. Today at the tire shop I will give it a good look see. Now that I am calmer and my mind is clear and I can think rationally it is probably somthing simple to fix. Hopefully
"Doc"