Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Eddie Stakes awesome 74 Gremlin in the photo s

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Eddie Stakes awesome 74 Gremlin in the photo section

Hi the Gremlin is a 1974, and it has a worked over 304V8 stuffed in it with
a 904 light duty torqflite. The engine had a lot of work done to it, Crane
Cam, ported heads, Edelbrock intake, headers, larger oil pump, the fellow
gave me a envelope of receipts of things that had been done to it. The owner
was driving it and lost control and hit a concrete barrier here in Houston,
we love concrete barriers here, they are everywhere as are Paige barrels.
But he had over $4500 worth of work into the engine/trans, and put the
little Gremlin in the garage while he figured out plan B. With the old lady
THERE WAS NOT GOING TO BE A PLAN B. She said bluntly if he wanted to ever
get laid again that gross green thing would have to be out of the driveway.
To some, this would be a divorce, to others, well, let's just say that
couple is still married and I geuss he is gettin some. But I bought the
Gremlin to keep the peace. And while other projects have superceded this one
since I bought it two years ago (have went thru 13 AMCs since then!!) I have
done a little work on it at a time when time allows! It is next in line
however before I finish off the SC/360 interior. I had to replace the whole
rear end on the Gremlin as one of the few times I opend it up on Brittmoore
road, it spun the damned rear end, had to replace the rear end to end on it.
Ya'll take care,
Eddie Stakes