[BaadAssGremlins] Hey Davis-- First Panel To Get Upholstery Today

[BaadAssGremlins] Hey Davis-- First Panel To Get Upholstery Today

If the vinal on your door panels is still good you may be able to just
glue it to a new card board backing to keep the original interior look.
I can't say for sure if it will work as I have never tried it, but you
may have to try it as I doubt weather you can find decent original ones.
For me it was a no brainer as my panels backing, vinal and all were
severely water damaged and besides I am making the interior black. That
tan it is right now is just not my color. Black will go much better with
the orange body in my opinion.
"Doc"

'Thanks & Giving.'

--- Begin Message ---
I am trying to keep the factory pannels.
 Davis

AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I buy the cardboard backing for 12$ a sheet from my local auto upholster
supplier. I'd say it is about a 3'X4' sheet. To make all the new panels
for a hatchback takes 5 sheets. Both the door panels were severely water
damaged and practically crumbled when I removed them. The material cost
to do the hatch panel came to 122$. The biggest part of the material
cost was 80$ for 100 buttons.
I worked on the panel on and off all day saturday. It was cold and damp
out and my arthritis was killing me so I was not working to fast. Today
I will continue. I figure it will be done by monday afternoon. I'll
start next on the hatch area panels. From the factory they were just
colored cardboard.
"Doc"

Give the gift of life to a sick child.