Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Progress is Progress

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Progress is Progress

      Lu the inner and outer belt line fuzzes have the clips attached
just like the factory ones. The "U" channel the glass rides in is black
felt and is serrated to bend on the curves to install it. It needs a
little 3M weather stripping cement to hold it in place initially.
      I understand about sagging doors due to bad hinges. The yellow
Hornet's hinges were worn so badly I had to rebuild them with the bigger
GM pins and bushig's. I have an extra set of hinges in the garage I am
going to rebuild for the orange car's doors using the bigger and better
GM pins and bushing's. I was going to see about using stock ones but
decided not to. I also need to see about getting new door strikers. I
will probably rebuild the hinges this winter and install them late
winter/early spring. It seems there is a never ending list of little
things to repair on this car.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message ---
Thanks for the information Doc. I will need the fuzzies and the U
shaped ones also. I have the rubber parts already. Do the inner &
outer weather strips come with the clips? I popped the old ones out
of the door. And also, the inner window bracket guides (the part of
the window frame rail inside the door) - is that black fuzzy molded
part available? Mine need replacing as they are dry rotted.

The Pacer doors: as you know, Pacer doors are huge and heavy! The
ones on my car sagged and were hard to close (door straps took quite
a beating - another restoration story). The school did a fine job on
them, replacing the pins, bushings, and realigning them. They swung
open and closed easily when they were finished with them. My (then)
9 year old son no longer had to throw his body weight opposite the
passenger door to close it. I had to untrain him not to slam it! -Lu-

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:
> Lu are you talking about the "Fuzzes" we were discussing here a
while back? They are listed in Kennedy's catalog as door outer belt
weather strips and door inner belt weather strips. You need a pair
of each one of them at 32.00$ a pair. Are you getting the door glass
slide frame weather stripping too? This is what the glass slided up
and down in. It doesn't say sold as a pair so I imagine the 64.50 is
> for one. He also has the door weather strip sold as a pair for
135.00$ This is the rubber gasket that seals the outer edge of the
door to the body. He also has the rear hatch gasket for the Gremlin
for 45$ and also has the outside door handle to body seal for 3.00$
a piece. I can vouch for the quality of his repo parts as I have one
of his hatch gaskets in my orange car and his door fuzzes in both
cars. This stuff ain't cheap but it is quality stuff. Good deal in
getting the school to do the work. How did the doors on the Pacer
turn out?
> "Doc"

--- End Message ---