[BaadAssGremlins] 17" wheels and tires on my 74.

[BaadAssGremlins] 17" wheels and tires on my 74.

A friend In my SRT-4 club has a 1977 Charger Daytona And he asked me
if i wanted to try his 17's on my 74 gremlin.   His car is a 4 time
Monster Mopar show winning car as best of class.  Its very Nice and I
just about freaked when he asked if I wanted to try his wheels and
tires on my 401 gremlin project.   I was and am still worried about
his $50k show car on jack stands in his garage!!!

We were hoping to do a trade for machine work so he can get new
wheels and tires but his rear tires have just too much offsett and
spacers will push it into the fender lip.

Wheels are 17x9 with 255/55/17's on the rear and 17x8's 245/45/17's
in the front.

His rear tire had too much rear offset and hit the spring. So I tried
the front wheel on the rear and this is what I got.
copy and paste into browser.

  http://www.stlsrt.com/gallery/albums/album03/Dcp_0080.jpg

It gives me a idea of what will fit and what will not. For that I
thank him.

His front looks like a steam roller on the back of the tiny little
car.

And I piled cinder blocks in the hatch area to lower it 1"
Heres the pic. The top of the tire is actually inside the fender lip
at the top so when it compresses its tucks in nice.

I know its not everyones cup of tea but i have Wide and skinnys for
nostalgia days and I want 17's for cruise nights.

Pro tour gremlin anyone?