[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gremlin GT questions - Jerry? Eddie? Jerry respond

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gremlin GT questions - Jerry? Eddie? Jerry responds...

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina333@xxxx>
wrote:

> Did the Gremlin GT come with a twin grip rearend?
> Were the fender skirts optional?
> I need some specification information on the Gremlin GT - Eddie
what
> do you have for literature?
> Thanks, -Lu-

  I've already given a personal response to Lu thru Yahoo, but I
will also respond here as well ( been awhile since GremlinGT has
posted here, anyway! LOL ).
  The fender "flares" and front air dam were part and parcel of the
option, they were NOT optional...they came with the GT package. I'm
sure you could have ordered a twin-grip, don't think it was part of
the package, though. Other items that are part of the standard GT
package are as follows :

 - Blacked out window trim
 - body-color painted bumpers
 - black nerf bumper guards
 - gauge cluster on trans hump
 - styled rims ( Magnum 500 ) with stainless trim rings
 - black dual sideview mirrors
 - aluminized dash trim package
 - padded 3-spoke sport steering wheel
 - special blacked out grill

  Far as I know, that is the extent of the GT package. No V-8
option. Mine came with an Am/Fm/CB radio combo, although the radio
was missing, the mike and mount were still in place. I have since
acquired a radio/CB combo to reinstall when I get the chance. I also
need a drivers side visor bracket, mine is broken. COuld use a
grill, too, but will probably have to paint a chrome one. Doubt any
GT grills still exist NOS, and I couldn't afford it, anyway. LOL.
  Hope that answers your questions more thoroughly than I did
personally, Lu, as we didn't get to some of it, and I didn't
remember it all 'til I went and researched thru my literature. :)
  As far as number of GT's left in existance...I have personally
seen pics of , or know of the following people, who have them :

 - Jerry , two; one orange good car, one light blue,a rusty parts
car only
 - YYBreeze on AOL , South Carolina? has one
 - Ken Ames - one, at least
 - Saw one for sale on Ebay, orange, a year or more ago in Oregon.
Don't know what became of it.
 - Glen Hoag (Pacers) found one in Alabama, black with orange
stripes...don't know what became of it.
 - seen a white one go thru Ebay sometime
 - seen a light blue one go thru Ebay sometime

 So, that is the extent of how many I've seen personally online and
from hearsay. Eight total, now with Lu's soon-to-be-owned GT,
that'll make 9 that I know of. Anyone else know of any anywhere? Or
anyone with one? I might ought to start a GT registry sometime. LOL.
  Anyway, had nice weather in VA this Saturday, I got a deck project
started AND finished ( a rare occurence for me ). I would like to
work on the Gremlins, but too much else that's fallen behind needs
to be done before I spend my personal time tinkering on them. OH
well. I'll do what I can when I can. :) Ya'll have a good one, and
HNY to you all.

Jerry Casper, the original GremlinGT in Virginia