Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Valve Cover Removal

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Valve Cover Removal

Well if you couldn't wiggle it off at least you didn't butcher it. You
probably can't even tell that you made the modification. I have seen
some butchery in all my years of working on cars and have known some of
the butchers personally. I had a friend with a 78 Concord AMX with a 6
Cyl. 4 speed. You should have seen what the shop did to the area around
the fire wall/wiper motor area to make clearance for the Aluminum valve
cover they installed on the rebuilt engine. I'd be ashamed to say I was
a professional if I did work like that.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message ---
I swear, I was patient.  60 degrees out, the garage door open, and sun
coming in, I was patient, trying to get the valve cover out.  No
amount of wiggling would get the valve cover off. The lip of the
firewall, just beneath the wiper motor, was preventing it from coming
out.  I didn't want to have to lower the back of the engine, so I got
out a dremel tool and cut a 1/2 inch notch about 2 inches wide to get
clearance.  Sanded down and painted, it doesn't look bad.  What does
look bad is the huge bash a previous owner or mechanic had put in the
right side of the wiper motor cover and firewall in an attempt to get
the valve cover out before.

I took off the peeling blue paint, cleaned up the valve cover real
well, and put red engine paint on it.  Now it almost matches the
"Firecracker Red" engine compartment.

pax

--- End Message ---