Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Valve Cover Removal

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Valve Cover Removal

The Aluminum valve covers are cast and don't warp or leak if properly
installed. There is an Aluminum replacement version for the later
factory plastic valve covers that leak terribly. Most of all the Jeep
guys use them. When I make a modification to my orange Hornet I try to
make it look factory.  I thought I posted my findings on GM spare
already but here it goes again. My friend said the car the spare came
from was from is from a 1989 and newer front wheel drive Olds Sierra or
any other GM's in that basic body class.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message ---
Yeah, the last thing I want to do is any uncessesary uglifications to
my  Gremlin.  I considered an aluminum valve cover but figured a) it
would probably warp and leak and b) it might not even fit under the
modified firewall lip.  the existing valve cover cleaned up real nice
with an orbital brass brush, and with the new paint it will be pretty
enough for me.

Any news on what GMC your spare donut came from?

pax

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:
> Well if you couldn't wiggle it off at least you didn't butcher it. You
> probably can't even tell that you made the modification. I have seen
> some butchery in all my years of working on cars and have known some of
> the butchers personally. I had a friend with a 78 Concord AMX with a 6
> Cyl. 4 speed. You should have seen what the shop did to the area around
> the fire wall/wiper motor area to make clearance for the Aluminum valve
> cover they installed on the rebuilt engine. I'd be ashamed to say I was
> a professional if I did work like that.
> "Doc"

--- End Message ---