Re: [AMC-list] AMC Bendix disk brakes - waddaya need to swap 'em?

Re: [AMC-list] AMC Bendix disk brakes - waddaya need to swap 'em?

" Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 17:17:19 -0400
" From: Bruce Griffis <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" Thinking of going to disk brakes on the American. I saw someone that
" has AMC disk brakes. Rotors, calipers - but no spindles. If I want to
" go disk brakes on the American, what all would I need to grab?
"
" Trying to decide between Bendix disks from a '71 Javelin versus going
" with the scarebird kit and applying my son's GM parts discount for
" rotors, calipers and stuff.

'71-4 setup would be -kelsey-, not bendix.  similar to mopar setups of
about '70.

i like the late spirit amx - concord wagon [and a few others] setup,
as the calipers had a long run - through the '80s on eagles and jeeps
- and it also has 10" rear brakes which had an even longer run - early
'70s through '80s on v8 amcs and jeeps as well as some of the late
6-cyl cars -- but the scarebird is gaining on practicality.

10" v8 drum brakes wouldn't be a bad step up either.