[AMC-list] early 232 using 258 intake??

thanks for the info guys. this would be going in my white '62 classic 2door. the one i put the mustang disk brakes, mustang tires/wheels ect on. its not going to the drag strip. (thats what the spirit was built for) its not a hotrod of any kind. just so i can cruise to the car shows again, and make a cruise or two during the summer. (usually a 100 mile one way drive for the cruise ins) i have gone thru the t96 once already. not because it needed it. i needed something to do, so i pulled it out, tore it apart, went thru everything. looks great. im just tired of how spendy parts are for the 196. go with an early 232, parts are easier to get. hmm.... just had another thought. im doing the 4.0 head swap on my 82 sx4. will the early 232 take the 4.0 head also? now that would be a cheap easy way to do efi on that car. local pick-n-pay has many jeeps with h.o. 4.0. THAT could be cool. get the dual outlet header for true dual notes out the back. that would be
 awsome. hehe.

SOME DAY, when i come across a ford 8.8 rear disk axle out of an exploder, and a t5, ill get my 304 dropped in casper. i have engine, bellhousing, crossmemeber, triangulated 4bar rear axle kit, ect. just need axle and trans. im to cheap to go buy them now. to many other projects to get cought up on.

dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules