Re: [AMC-list] OT: BW auto in an IH?

It's most likely the M-8. The "M-10" isn't an official designation as far as I can tell, but I believe that's the 65-66 cast iron model that used a TV cable, or rather that version oif the M-8 is what is referred to as an M-10. AMC never used an M-10 unless that's what it is (the TV cable model). If yours has a vacuum modulator and no TV cable then it's the M-8 series. It's possible that there was an M-10 that AMC never used, and you could have it. What are the numbers on the data plate?

----------------
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 22:59:54 -0700
From: Jim Blair<carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I have a '66 Travelall 2wd I'm pulling the motor (304) and BW auto from to put into a '68 Travelall 4x4 (tcase is remote so that's not an issue except maybe length) I'm thinking of adding an O/D to it, but I need to know which trans. M11? M12? I need to fix it up so it can go away and make space for my Eagle to park at home.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"