[AMC-list] Found a Hot wheels car, visited Corpus Christi

[AMC-list] Found a Hot wheels car, visited Corpus Christi

I just got back from Padre Island and took Paige & boys down there. Figuring might as well show the boys where I lived for years with Interstate 37 in front yard (you can see a LOT of these still photos on my site from 1970s) the old shotgun house was destroyed by hurricane Celia in 1970, the larger house, a boarding house was brought down by City of Corpus Christi in 90s. This is corner lot of Doss & Antelope. While filming (not sure why) the fence, property and even downtown skyline one of my boys found a Texas license plate...from one of our old AMCs. I happened to look down and found one of my old Hot Wheels from 1960s/70s on ground, a Ford J car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8got9HnXqUI

this car is DECADES old and could not believe the irony finding it. I'm sure other stuff buried there on property also, forgotten by time. We no longer own the property either and should have sold it in early 70s when Coca Cola next door wanted to buy it to expand. They eventually moved whole plant 20 miles away to Greenwood drive, where it still is today.

Something my brother Tommy found in 90s when the old house was being demolished was a Kenner Light Beam car. I still have that and need a ram air hood for it.

While down there I took the boys fishing also, as the bay is about mile away, so went to fish on steps near T heads. I was born & raised in CC and never had a pelican come up and wait for food. I was catching piggy perches, and had already tossed some back into water, but when he saw me taking one off hook, he scampered over and decided to get cozy with me. Cute as hell bird too I may add, and large. I hand fed him 7, yup, 7 perch, each one about 2-8 oz each. The kids, and a number of tourists walking by on steps also stopped to take photos and enjoy scene, these are two videos I shot of me hand feeding big brown pelican:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7K2jG3YorM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN6_005qERM

AMC related. There had been a 73-74 Javelin running out at CC Speedway in the round d round track (when I was younger we used to watch Terry Labonte run there!) but brother Tommy said 'the guy was disqualified for using hopped up parts' so maybe he will be back next season, but had fun at the track, first time been there since disco was king. Nothing changed either, still great bang for buck watching racing. The old All American Motors AMC dealership building is gone, also torn down. I wished could have saved the huge round "H" that used to grace showroom. It was red and white about 10 feet in diameter, just beautiful thing from when that place was a Hudson dealership! Probably bulldozed though. The old Andy Anders Rambler dealership is also long gone. There was a car show at a place called Gators on SPID, and beautiful Studebaker Hawk(?) convertible and a Lincoln with suicide doors we saw dricing down South Padre Island Drive. I didn't see one AMC the whole time down there though.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com