Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 10:07:20 -0400
From: Bruce Griffis<bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] why is it?

Seems like we're talking about heavier combinations here, which is
cool. But if you were to try to tow something in the 1500 pound range
(say an Apache Mesa) or go Scamp 13, (and I think a Shasta Compact Jr
comes in this range) - what combination would you go for?

I tow about 500-600 pounds with my American 330 comfortably, and I
know it is originally rated at 1500 - but no so sure I'd go that
heavy. So - if you were aiming for 1500 pounds range, what things
would you need to do? And could you do that with a '65 American, or
would you need to go the resto-mod route (or just go to the
Classic/Rebel/Matador style).

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"