Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 13:06:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: russ hathaway<russh97309@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] why is it?

Jason; a lot of people use the Jeep with the 4.0 to tow, and that is basically a 258. I used my Gremlin with a 258 to tow a mobile home, but only a block. It pulled it fine but I could tell the car didn't like it. My neighbor got a charge out of it, too.
I think you would want a full frame car with a good hitch, though we towed big loads with my 65 Ambo. Again, it is the size of the tow vehicle that gives a safe tow.
I would put sub frame connectors on the Concord, a good class 3 or 4 hitch, and yank off the cat....Russ

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"