Re: [AMC-list] Thinking about getting the flywheel resurfaced - what els

Re: [AMC-list] Thinking about getting the flywheel resurfaced - what else should be hit at the same time?

" From: "Stu" <amckiwi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" I have never resurfaced a flywheel in all the clutch changes I did
"
" I got clutch shudder once but put that down to the tall first gear and 2.73
" ratio diff.
"
" I fixed that by using the outer bolt holes in the 232 flywheel with a
" customised clutch and pressure plate (mating to Toyota 5 speed)

iirc that's 6 x 3/8" x 11 3/8" bc; the inner pattern is 6 x 5/16" x 10
5/16" bc.

the outer is used for 10 1/2" and [ordinarily] 10" clutches; there are
'10.9"' ones for v8s that can't take a large flywheel with the regular
11" pattern.  the inner one is used for 9 1/8" clutches and
thereabouts, but as i've said, mopar had a 10" one they used on slant
sixes from the mid-late '60s to the early-mid '80s.

" I had major issues with this to begin with as the bolts holding the pressure
" plate fouled a little on the bell housing

i ran a 10" clutch on the outer pattern in one of my '66 americans
[199] and had no bolt problems.  i did find a 10 1/2" b&b pressure
plate wouldn't clear the bell...