[AMC-list] Last night on History Channel

[AMC-list] Last night on History Channel

The episode was James Bond Tech. It covered the Hornet X barrel roll in "The Man With the Golden Gun". There was lots of achieved footage showing the stunt drivers practicing and performing this stunt with Javelin's long being contacted by the film makers.

Here's a link to the clip of the jump which also shows the bad guys literally "taking off" in a '74 Matador. The Cragar SS rims really made the Hornet X look great. I noticed in the clip that James Bond and the sheriff (funny character) weren't using their seatbelts which puts the sheriff in the back seat after the jump. This has got to rate as one of my top five favorite movie car chases.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDO9z_udQr0

And this is behind the scenes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trJocyjCBzo

Lots of AMC's shown in this movie.  Found more interesting tidbits here:

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_1806-AMC-Hornet-1974.html

A really good website for those who haven't discovered it.