Re: [AMC-list] Thinking about getting the flywheel resurfaced - what els

Re: [AMC-list] Thinking about getting the flywheel resurfaced - what else should be hit at the same time?

" From: Bruce Griffis <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" When my son's friend did the clutch and throughout bearing on my T96,
" he cleaned up the flywheel a bit and took off the glaze. However, it
" was not resurfaced. It's not causing a lot of issues - I just go easy
" on the clutch and I'm okay. However - if I were to have the flywheel
" resurfaced - what else should I have checked out while it's out? Would
" that be a good time to take care of the main seal?
"
" I'm not sure if I'll just live with the clutch the way it is, or if I
" should get that taken care of and mess with seals (and there goes my
" carpet, headliner, armrest, sunvisor budget! But a car that drives
" well is probably a better choice than a car that looks pretty inside.

first - the flywheel doesn't have to be resurfaced every time you
replace the clutch, unless you're in the habit of wearing the disk
down to the rivets.  is it behaving properly?

if you are going to do it, i'd check everything you have to take apart
to get to it as well as everything it exposes, from main seal to
bearing retainer.  starter?  clutch linkage?  etc.  probably nothing
to see, but easy to take a look while you're in there.