[AMC-list] So, I suppose I'm a moron

Been watching the smoke from my tailpipe, wondering what the heck.
Smoke when cold, clears when warm. Doesn't smoke immediately, takes a
few minutes to start. Today it was nice and warm. Great weather.
Started the car up with no hesitation, no starting fluid. Just turned
the key and I'm in business. Checked the tail pipe. No smoke. Idled
for a little bit, looked good. Drove down Barret Parkway at a 45 MPH
clip, just puttering along. Did the Costco shopping run. Started
again. No smoke. Came home - it's fine.

Somebody mentioned choke and me having it running too rich. I'm
thinking that must have been a big part of it. Yes - the plugs are
black. I do need to do a good 60MPH run up 575 or I75. But once again
I thought the worst and started thinking of the most expensive, time
consuming method of fixing it - rather than using common sense. Dang.

But I will take pictures of the plugs and send them to Tom. It would
be good to have a second set of eyes check it out.