Re: [AMC-list] What Did You Do on Your AMC this weekend?

Re: [AMC-list] What Did You Do on Your AMC this weekend?

" From: Marc Montoni <Freedom@xxxxxxxx>
"
"
" []
"
" Seat belts:
"
" []
"
" Buckling should be a free choice.  So should paying for your own damn
" injuries if you don't (or do) buckle, and if you can't pay, then it
" ain't the responsibility of the hospital or taxpayers to bail you out
" if you get injured, regardless of whether you were buckled or not.  If
" you have to live the rest of your life with half a leg and two ribs
" sticking out of your sides because you were too cheap to pay with
" cash, check, or credit card -- or with insurance -- then that should
" be all on you.

that's the hitch.  getting folks to accept that sort of personal
responsibility in this day and age is well nigh impossible.  it might
be hard to defend legally, too.

failing that, we have to have nanny laws like seat belt usage.