Re: [AMC-list] Insurance card & license plates

Re: [AMC-list] Insurance card & license plates

Not sure how many of ya'll here in Texas but you can get a gazillion different types of Texas license plates, sports teams, charity, specialize write tyour own place, flowers, whatever:

http://www.myplates.com/

or try this:

https://rts.texasonline.state.tx.us/NASApp/txdotrts/SpecialPlateOrderServlet?grpid=70

if links breaks, click on the quick links abox off to left where it says EXPAND ALL and check out all the selections.

I'm not sure they do that here in Texas with a insurance company makes one surrender plates, I think it is voluntary, but (my opinion) a good thing to do. When I sold the old parted out 88 Eagle recently I yanked the plates. The VIN I left in the car, dash long gone for friend's 79 AMX up in Waco, and door tag I kept just for nostalgia. But the last 4 cars I have bought all had the license plates still on them, no big deal.

Years ago you could do a title search on cars and most came back with somtthing, anything. Now here in Texas, they are 'off the books' in about a year and I just went to title place off Blalock and paid to have 4 VIN's ran thru......only one came back with a hit, others lost in time, so unfortunately for us old car owners who want to find out perhaps a car's history, where it sold new, ect, are screwed.

I guess this is why we now see so many "barn find!' and 'survivor!' cars on ebay and craigslist as while a handful do have a paper trail, most do not. Just old car cleaned up and new acronym shoved in front of it by seller knowing folks will run into brick wall like I did recently with title searches
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com