Re: [AMC-list] What Did You Do on Your AMC this weekend?

Re: [AMC-list] What Did You Do on Your AMC this weekend?

I can identify your seatbelt "problem" out there. Some of you might object to what I am about to say, but that does not bother me.
I do not run with a belt on. I have clamped the harness down by the recoil mechanism, as the cops look for the shiny buckle dangling. If they don't see a chrome exposed, they go their own way. I have done this for all my life ever since the laws came into existence, and no tickets. When a cop is behind you be cool and slyly slip the belt over your shoulder. Again they are looking for that shiny buckle dangling near the roof.
Why do I do this? They said the ticket would be a secondary offense, then when passed they made it a primary offense. Also when they have cops dressed up as construction workers to peep in windows for seat belts, too far. Also, go patrol for drunk drivers and leave me alone.
Another reason to favor hardtop cars such as my 65 American and 64 Classic, no shoulder harness to worry about......Russ (driving free in Oregon)