Re: [AMC-list] type A fluid

My old brain-surgeon-turned-trans-expert says that the newer Dexrons are
just fine in our old BW transmissions, the chemistry being so superior to
the past it's not funny. I've run them -- including synth, once (waste of
money if you change fluids and get tuneups) for 20 years and they're fine.
Same juice in the old air-cooled M35 and '72 Torqueflite.

I know a lot of people have irrational superstitions about not changing
transmission fluids and all that. I always got mine adjusted/fluids changed
every 2 - 5 years and never have a lick of problems from them, 15K
miles/year for decades and trailer towing and all. Beats guesswork. I've
never hesitated to drive mine on 1000 mile trips.