Re: [AMC-list] 64 440-h ques, and a 327 to boot

Re: [AMC-list] 64 440-h ques, and a 327 to boot

if you wnat the ration, live with the big nut.
It really is not that big of deal if you clean it all up and follow the book to tighten it up properly. I know several on here have splurged on the wrenchs.

AMC 15 twingrip, before you get all excited be sure it WORKS!
its a cone type and wear defeats it, say simply getting stuck and smoking the one tire for a good while or running two different tires sizes on the rear. not rebuildable, from the factory anyway.

I ran a search out a while back and found a company that had devised that by machining the small end of the cone it will engage them again and return the unit to as factory specs or even a but tighter.  I do not have that site bookmarked, sorry, but it was any easy site to find with a search...

  All that being said my 107K mile 3:31-1 amc 15 still functions fine.

Pretty sure there is a breakaway torque spec for checking the units.

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.