From: "theamcguy@xxxxxxxxx" <theamcguy@xxxxxxxxx>
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, November 21, 2010 7:00:29 AM
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Oil Pressure III

Oil pressure can be thought of in terms as resistance to flow. 40 lbs of oil
pressure means that the pump is overcoming 40 lbs of resistance before the
oil will flow. The important things are: Is the oil light off at idle? Do you
have 10 lbs of pressure for every 1000 rpm If you have both those then your
are within spec Although it does sound to me like your rebuilder set
everything up on the loose side with respect to your clearances. The only way
at this point to raise the pressure would be to tighten up on the main and
rod bearing clearances.