Re: [AMC-list] 232 in 64 American ?

I have a 64 330 that I originally swapped in a 232, then this last summer I dropped in a 258/TF/20 combo. If you go with a later year 232 or 258 you will need to hook up a starter relay as the starter is a Ford type, I believe the first year was 70. From 64 to 69(?) they used the old Rambler starter so it is a plug n play. I have a nice running BW tranny from a 69 American if you need one. I used post 72 engines on both swaps which meant different tranny Xmember as well and some rewiring. The battery is on the opposite side also, so be prepared.
The radiater support is notched on the 65 to clear the extra length, so look at a 65 American and see the difference. I used a Classic radiator and electric fan......Russ