Re: [AMC-list] BIAS vs Radial tires on rims/Ford wheels

Re: [AMC-list] BIAS vs Radial tires on rims/Ford wheels

I am not sure what year or application these wheels came from, but when I picked them I took an old AMC hub, the bare one that I take to all swap meets, and went through a stack of steel wheels looking for 4 to mount snow tires. The four matching ones say Fomoco by the stem, the hub fit with no binding and it was 4 1/2 inch. The back spacing was a little reverse, but it fit without hitting the fender as the snow tires are only 205-78.
The Bronco 2 wheels fit like a glove on my Pacer, they were 15x6 and look good on the car.
I remember seeing a Matador or Ambo, can't remeber which one, on CL with stock Ford mags. They stated that the original wheels and caps were in the trunk.
I look for Ford wheels as an alternative when going 15inch on my AMCs if I can't find any Chryco 15s. Toyota 2x4 also fits but the back spacing is real reversed. I bought a Humpster that had a set of those and couldn't figure what they were till I talked to my tuner neighbor.........Russ