Re: [AMC-list] 83 concord gas tank/BBD carb stumbles

I prefer BG's 44K as it has a 90% record of fixing fuel issues (it should since it costs as much as a tank of fuel!). Just don't run it straight through in one quick trip. It needs a bit to eat through the crud plugging the carb. It even freed up the stepper motor in a couple BBDs.
   I would add a see through filter before the pump because it will also clean the crud out of the tank. It even freed up the sticky valve in my 454!

From: Joe Fulton
To: Rambler Nash Jeep and familyAMC
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] 83 concord gas tank/BBD carb stumbles

Ken,
?
I had said FORD on the striker bolt because I have seen them in the bags on the HELP rack at the auto parts store and they look like duplicates of the AMC striker bolts except the plastic bushing is grey.?? I don't think I have ever used one though because I usually pull the striker bolts from 4-door AMCs in the junkyard, which are very rarely worn.
?
I'm glad the mechanic in a bottle worked for you.? I'm single and wish I had janitor in a drum to clean my house.?
?
Joe Fulton