Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 11:38 PM
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] 83 concord gas tank/BBD carb stumbles

Eddie; way ahead of you on this one. The first thing I did to this car was to yank the CPU and install a carb off a 318 Chryco. I then pulled the snake and hooked up v-belts and pullys, along with water pump, for a 1970 Hornet. I then pulled off the cat and that wierd air pump thing (ex Calif car, CHP)
It runs really nice, starts like it is supposed to and not one stumble.
Gas miliage, about mid 20s on the flyway. Around town I am too hot footed to rely on any reading. A tank will last all month and this is my driver. The weather has been way cooler today, not above 70, and no leak. So yeah, the hot weather has a lot to do with it......Russ