Re: [AMC-list] How stablize 63 Classic rear end

Re: [AMC-list] How stablize 63 Classic rear end

No simple way, but put the rear x-member on and lash up 2x4's and crap
with baling wire. It is a PITA with the trans out!

If you tie a 2x4 or two onto the torque tube you can probably set the
end of them onto the crossmember.

PS: No one ever rebuilds the thrust links that connect the x-member to
the "frame" rail on each side. It's easy (just some bushings you can
lathe-turn on a drill press) and when they're blown out you get all
sorts of groans, buzzes, etc as the drivetrain shifts fore and aft.
With good bushings, it's as quiet a car as you'll ever hear.