Re: [AMC-list] Help for all those little Rambler idiosyncrasies

Re: [AMC-list] Help for all those little Rambler idiosyncrasies

(and send the articles to the clubs after I've used them).

Frank,
  Why say this? You just can't do everything and neither can the clubs.
But to say to only to send articles to the clubs after I've used them is
a bunch of b.s. You are not the only person that is in this AMC hobby and
you have to learn to work with everyone, not just trying to be the BIG
AMC GURU.

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 14:39:47 -0400 Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx> writes:
> All I can say is that's what I do with AMC Magazine (and prior to
> that AIM) when the call comes in. I've put those hints and tips in
> as full articles and as answers to letters (some coming from the
> list), using pics when necessary. That's also why I took over
> sponsorship of the AMC-List here -- to help people with those little
> problems. I frequent the AMC Forum (both, though Fran's I only check
> in occasionally) and a couple hot rod boards where people are
> occasionally asking basic Rambler questions. There are verious web
> sites where people have info, Tom's and Matt's, as well as
> AMCyclopedia. If there is a market for a book on the subject...
> what, a "Non-Mechanics Guide to Rambler Mechanics" (I hate the
> "Idiot's Guide" title... I'm not an idiot, I just don't know
> anything/much about some things!). I don't think it would sell
> enough to make it worth the effort. Everyone thought a "Blue Book"
> of numbers would be the greatest thing on earth for AMCs, but that
> hasn't sold well ei
>  there, even at a reasonable price. I'd already done a lot of the
> work gathering the number data, so it was just a matter of
> formatting it in a handy book -- sure am glad I didn't spend all the
> time and money on that research just for that book though!
>
> But anyway, the idea of the book has merit, and I'm not really in
> the AMC publishing business for the money. Start thinking of a
> subject list. Maybe use this thread for ideas! If nothing else I can
> use that as a list to create articles for AMC in the coming issues
> (and send the articles to the clubs after I've used them). Maybe
> write the articles then publish a compendium of them later.
>
> ----------
> Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 09:47:08 -0400
> From: Bruce Griffis<bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> I think a basic "howto" guide of basic fixes and mods for
> keeping the Ramblers running would be great! Don't know if it could
> be
> an AMCRC thing, or something for Frank's newsletter, or an AMO
> thing,
> or specific to your fixes. However it was written and presented -
> it
> would be beneficial.
>
> I started thinking again (I know, keep my thinking to work-related
> network stuff) - and came to the completely untested and
> unsubstantiated theory that there must be a good subsection of the
> older car crowd that has no real training or knowledge in
> automotive
> technology. Folks (like me) that saw an older car, grabbed it and
> decided to drive it. Folks that want to work on it themselves, and
> keep it running themselves. For this crowd (me included) - real
> basic
> info and pictures in a book, magazine or newsletter would be a real
> help.
>
> --
> Frank Swygert
> Publisher, "American Motors Cars"
> [...]

Jock Jocewicz - President/Editor NAMDRA  namdra1@xxxxxxx or
NAMDRA@xxxxxxxx
8537 Antioch Rd., Salem, WI 53168  (262) 843-4326
                 JOIN NAMDRA - the best AMC club around!!
32nd.  AMC NATIONALS - SEP. 9-11, 2010 - Cordova Dragway Park, Cordova,
IL
AMO#19, NAMDRA#46, AMCRC#974, NHRA#41915, IHRA#6766