From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 16:05:56
To: AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Car magazines are bugging me - how about daily
	drivers

> I wouldn't be so hard on Hemmings Classic Car.

I might have sounded more harsh on HCC than I intended. Like how you're
harsher on your friends sometimes than strangers :-) But in MY opinion, it's
taken a slide towards the 'armchair' and away from the asphalt. If it wasn't
good to begin with I wouldn't regret the changes so much. It covers the
right kinds of cars more or less - for me - but the emphasis has moved
towards the wistful and further away from the metal.

It's not really 'daily driver' stuff I want, but there's a whole world of
people doing things to cars that simply don't fit the narrow "traditional"
car interests and HCC was/is close to filling in some of that area.
Customizing, mods for improvements, handlign changes, tools, tricks,
autocross/handling setup, suspension design tricks and tips, car hacking
from first principles and not a catalog.