Re: [AMC-list] Car magazines are bugging me - how about dailydrivers

Re: [AMC-list] Car magazines are bugging me - how about dailydrivers

You guys that already added to this post, -----I agree 100% ------

The most boring thing to me is the 300% over restored classic,  muscle or
pony car that is now so pristine
that it needs to be kept in a controlled environment or it will lose it's
100 point restoration, and may drip grease on itself..

I'm beginning to think the only truly hotrodding that is going on any more
is the rat rod movement.
Let's face it, almost anyone can drop any late model GM engine in virtually
anything with all bolt on parts it seems these days.
GM is so grossly over done that there no longer appears to be any challenge
remaining in building anything GM.
You can buy and bolt on any part for them you need. The magazines all over
do the GM stuff in my opinion.

Hemmings Muscle machines is just a little better than what you guys are
describing in the Classics magazine.
At least they seem to regularly have articles on things other than "factory"
style restorations.

Car Craft is doing a pretty good job of diversifying their articles and car
brands.

I'm not sure I will resubscribe to Hot Rod, although I will say the last
issue had a little better coverage.
It had a story on a Pontiac engine build and how to fix rust & replace floor
boards. All pretty good.

Ah, heck ya just never know, maybe next issue of Hot Rod will be dedicated
solely to AMC.
After all they did print that article about the Toyota powered Camaro that
Tom mentioned.
Even though they managed to over emphasize their dislike for the combo, they
printed it anyway.

Good reading all and have a good AMC weekend,

Armand